• Home
  • No one is hurt when a fire breaks out within the international airport in Kolkata

The Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata experienced pandemonium and terror on Wednesday night when a fire broke out close to a departure gate, according to officials. There were no casualties reported.

According to officials, the fire was discovered at roughly 9.10 p.m. and was put out within 30 minutes.

They further mentioned that the check-in procedure was temporarily put on hold as eight fire tenders were dispatched to put out the fire.

When the fire started at departure gate 3C, it quickly spread across the airport, filling the entire area with dense, black smoke.

A little fire and some smoke appeared on check-in area portal D around 2112, however they were completely put out by 2140. The airport stated that all passengers had been safely evacuated and that the check-in procedure had been suspended because of the smoke in the check-in area.

After a preliminary inspection, authorities suggested that a short circuit might have caused the incident.

Airport administrators took no chances and utilized their firefighters to put out the fire because there was a rush of travelers. After it was put out, the cooling process began, a police officer claimed.

Sujit Bose, the state’s minister of fire services, told PTI that his office had deployed four fire tenders to help the Airports Authority of India (AAI) put out the fire.

At first glance, it appears that the fire was started by an air conditioning system error. He stated that an inquiry will reveal the precise cause.

Source- onmanorama


Leave A Comment

SFTC, also known as Starfish Travel Corporation is an IATA company, certified with ISO and registered with Goverment of India.



    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop