• Home
  • Maha-Metro reports having more than 2 million riders per month.

More than 2 million commuters have used Maha-Metro’s two new routes since they began operating on August 1.
Pune: Since opening the lengths from Phugewadi to the Civil Court and Garware College to Ruby Hall Clinic on August 1, Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (Maha-Metro) has seen more than 2 million riders in a single month. According to Maha-Metro officials, more over 65,000 trips were taken each day between 6 am and 10 night on average.

The reaction is greater on weekends since commuters receive a 30% fare discount.

The Phugewadi to Civil Court and Garware to Ruby Hall Clinic stretches on the Pimpri-Chinchwad-Swargate and Vanaz-Ramwadi roads, respectively, were launched on August 1, 2023, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Deccan Gymkhana, Chhatrapati Sambhaji Park, PMC, Civil Court (elevated), Mangalwar Peth, Pune Railway Station, Ruby Hall Clinic, Dapodi, Bopodi, Shivajinagar, and Civil Court (underground) are the stops on the 11.5-kilometer itinerary.

Maha-Metro’s managing director, Shravan Hardikar, stated that the facility had helped Pune’s public transportation system become more powerful. Feeder bus services will be initiated on new routes in conjunction with Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (PMPML).

Residents prefer metro facilities on Saturdays and Sundays, according to Maha-Metro data. The number of passengers approached 100,000 every Sunday. With 169,512 passenger trips, August 15th was the busiest day for metro travel. The metro made more than 3 crore in revenue in August. The metro makes an average of around 9 lakh each day.

More than 2 lakh commuters travel from Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) to Civil Court, making it the station with the most visitors. Kasarwadi had 10,432 passengers, which was the fewest number of passengers on the same route.

With 153,235 journeys, Vanaz station has the most riders on the Vanaz to Ruby Hall Clinic route. Ideal Colony had the least number of passengers per station throughout the route (20,512).

Commuters choose making payments online

Residents used electronic payments for 53.41% of the ticket sales. The remaining 46.59% paid cash for paper tickets. 86% of commuters purchased paper tickets from windows, with the remaining patrons using metro kiosks. Similar to this, 68% of customers who bought digital tickets did so using a mobile device, 8% using metro cards, 23% using kiosk machines, and 1% using a TOM (ticket operating machine). About 27% of passengers had reportedly purchased “return journey” tickets, according to observation.

Source- Hindustan times
Link- https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/pune-news/recordbreaking-commuter-numbers-pune-metro-rail-sees-over-2-million-passengers-in-a-month-101693510127547.html


Leave A Comment

SFTC, also known as Starfish Travel Corporation is an IATA company, certified with ISO and registered with Goverment of India.



    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop